Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What am I getting myself into?


I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... My mother will laugh. She knows I have a fear of the unknown. I used to be so scared to start a new grade because..." Mommy, I don't know 2nd grade things." Entering the world of blogging is no different. I have no idea what to expect. Will I be good at it? Will people like it? I scrounged up this Halloween photo from last year for a little motivation.

For the past two years I have spent countless hours perusing teaching blogs filling my mind with so many creative ideas that fellow teachers have shared. Now that Pinterest has entered my life, I find myself in the midst of a love affair. I think my boyfriend is jealous. I sit with my iPhone and drool over the adorable anchor charts, mini lessons and craft projects that other teachers have blogged about. I can't count the number of times my boyfriend has "subtly" hinted that I should start my own. Although, I think he has an ulterior motive. If I am busy blogging, he has more free time to play Modern Warfare 3. Silly me for thinking he was encouraging me to pursue something I am so passionate about. Just kidding, Tom is very supportive of my profession and often is a source of some of my best lesson ideas. Any who, I finally listened to him. So here I am, ready to expose myself to the world. Get ready for my organized chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment