Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time Flies

Today we started learning about time. They learn how to tell time in 3rd grade, but they definitely need a refresher again in 4th. I can't tell you how often I have to tell the kids what time it is. Today was our review of reading analog clocks.

We used the SMARTboard...


We played I Have, Who Has...

And we played telling time board games...

There just wasn't enough "time" to fit in all the fun! 


We kicked off our solar system unit this week. To explain rotate and revolve, I had the kids act it out. 


The Earth had to rotate and revolve around the sun while the moon revolved around the Earth. Naturally, it was hard to snap a picture of this, but that didn't stop me from trying. 
The kids thought this was so entertaining. I let several kids take turns modeling. I think they really understood the difference between rotate and revolve when we were done. 






1 comment:

  1. I love the class participation. Another great job teach!

    ReplyDelete