Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bargain Shopping

I've been spending much of my summer hunting for classroom bargains. Here are a few of my finds.

I scooped up this bad boy for .50 cents at a garage sale.

It's going to provide much needed storage space.

I hit up The Salvation Army Store, and for under $4.00 I walked away with two learning games.
Our Social Studies curriculum covers the regions of the United States. This game will definitely come in handy. What I like most about this game are the shape recognition cards.
I also grabbed this Scrabble Slam card game. I'm thinking this will be a creative way to practice word work.

The Christmas Tree Shop had this super cool guitar pillow for $4.99.
At an even bigger bargain, this pillow went for $3.99.
They will both be great additions to my reading nooks.

On Pinterest I found THIS great idea for keeping dice controlled. This prevents the dice from rolling all over the floor. Not to mention the obnoxiously loud sound they make as they slam on the desks. (Note to self : invest in foam dice)
Since I use dice often with many of my math games, I knew I had to try this out. I found these in the million dollar section at Target. I don't know why they bother calling it the dollar section. I can't leave there without spending at least $30.00.
There are 2 in each pack. You can't beat that price!

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Did you know those guitar pillows make music!!! Patrick stepped on it and bam! And the "buttons" light up!! How cool is that!! I have 3 now. :) Thanks for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I think mine must be broken. I pressed every button I could find! I guess that's best anyway. I don't need the guitar making noise during class!

    ReplyDelete