Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Giving It Another Go..

I'm sitting here the night before (or should I say, the morning of) my 5th "first" day of school as a teacher. It's hard to believe I have 4 years of teaching under my belt. It seems like just yesterday I was the nervous 4th grader worried about the first day of school. Not much has changed, except my evolution from student to teacher. On second thought, I believe I am still a student, constantly learning from those around me and my life experiences.

 It's just before 1am. I should be sound asleep. Instead, I find myself once again drawn to the light of my lap top, wondering if I should attempt this teaching blog once more.

A lot has changed in my life over the past few months and I find myself more driven than ever. I'm trying new things, embarking on exciting adventures and wanting to become a better person. I've been regretting my decision to stop writing this blog and decided that I should give it another chance. Why not? What have I got to lose?

I know I will be spending a lot of time over the next few days discussing the importance of respecting each other in the classroom. A few years ago, my class created this anti bullying video. I thought it would be a good way to start the first day with my new batch of kiddos tomorrow. Feel free to show it to your new class as well, or ever better, be inspired to create your own!

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment